Add keyword information to pictures and make it searchable

Suggestions and site feedback
spandexbulgeboi
posted 9 months ago
Backstory: I wanted to buy a Jovana Design thong and wanted to check out other users pictures first (as I clearly rememered the massive bulges ;) Unfortunately, I cannot search for that particular brand name and there seems to be no fitting category. Instead I will have to browse hundreds of pictures trying to find the relevant ones... okay, admittedly, my life could be worse :P Suggestion: Please make the picture (and video?) titles searchable. This of course requires users to use meaningful keywords in their pictures titles. Alternatively, adding tags to images could solve my issue and also increase overall usability of the gallery (e.g. I'm looking for tags 'thong', 'bulge' and 'sheer' or 'blue' and 'skinsuit'). Thanks!

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

Bubblebum
posted 9 months ago
posted by: spandexbulgeboi
Backstory: I wanted to buy a Jovana Design thong and wanted to check out other users pictures first (as I clearly rememered the massive bulges ;) Unfortunately, I cannot search for that particular brand name and there seems to be no fitting category. Instead I will have to browse hundreds of pictures trying to find the relevant ones... okay, admittedly, my life could be worse :P Suggestion: Please make the picture (and video?) titles searchable. This of course requires users to use meaningful keywords in their pictures titles. Alternatively, adding tags to images could solve my issue and also increase overall usability of the gallery (e.g. I'm looking for tags 'thong', 'bulge' and 'sheer' or 'blue' and 'skinsuit'). Thanks!
Good shout and one for the admin to consider when he’s (hopefully soon, and healthy) back. Would be great to have a few drop downs when posting. ‘Spandex gear style, choose 3 labels’ and ‘what brand/brands present’ etc.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 9 months ago
I love these two ideas, too!
Suggestion: Please make the picture (and video?) titles searchable.
posted by: Bubblebum
Would be great to have a few drop downs when posting. ... what brand/brands present
the caption text is used in some cases as brand identification, but that is only a small fraction of the uploads. I think we could get a Brands sub page going, where you can discover brands and our guys' pics and videos wearing that brand. along with time filters (this month, last month, all time, ...) this could be crazy fun thing to discover new brands or just browse through them! for all the existing images and videos we could match their caption texts with brand names and then add the brands accordingly, so it'll be not empty right away. maybe tagging the brand on a user's photo could be also done by the other users. I can see that it's burdensome to enter more informations and many will skip that part. then we could have a complete list of brands and then users wearing that brand. that would definitely get guys in the mood to discover & browse that brand etc. what do yall think?
jman_519
posted 9 months ago
Sounds like a great idea!
Bubblebum
posted 9 months ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
I love these two ideas, too!
Suggestion: Please make the picture (and video?) titles searchable.
posted by: Bubblebum
Would be great to have a few drop downs when posting. ... what brand/brands present
the caption text is used in some cases as brand identification, but that is only a small fraction of the uploads. I think we could get a Brands sub page going, where you can discover brands and our guys' pics and videos wearing that brand. along with time filters (this month, last month, all time, ...) this could be crazy fun thing to discover new brands or just browse through them! for all the existing images and videos we could match their caption texts with brand names and then add the brands accordingly, so it'll be not empty right away. maybe tagging the brand on a user's photo could be also done by the other users. I can see that it's burdensome to enter more informations and many will skip that part. then we could have a complete list of brands and then users wearing that brand. that would definitely get guys in the mood to discover & browse that brand etc. what do yall think?
I like it, i like it a lot!!

wetlycraboy
posted 9 months ago
On a related note - could this (and the existing image tagging) be used to provide some sort of filtering function? Either as an include or exclude - e.g. "I am particularly interested in singlets so would like to just see those" vs "I don't like speedos, but I want to see everything else"