Cam chat malfunctioning?

Suggestions and site feedback
Ubiquitous
posted 3 months ago
I've notice recently that the chat room suddenly has dozens of people in it, none from this site, then reverts to normal.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

jtalbot812
posted 3 months ago
posted by: Ubiquitous
I've notice recently that the chat room suddenly has dozens of people in it, none from this site, then reverts to normal.
ive noticed similiar things.... For example it will show over 100 people then it shows only 2 people... or you can type a message into the main chat lobby and it won't even show up.. you'll have to re type it.. Sometimes when Im in there and its just Myself and another person it will show that they Left then Joined. and I'll ask the other person if they left, they will say No they didn't but it shows me leaving on their end.... even though I did not leave. I don't know if its a bug in the system, or bots, or a bug in the network such as a Net Split, which back in the early 2000's were quite common in Chat Rooms esp on platforms like Gay Dot Com or AOL Chat rooms.. In gay dot chat rooms you could have over I think it was up to 300 people to one chat room. and on AOL they upped it to 23 people at a time? when a net split would occur it would show many more? I don't know.. Sometimes it just goes all wacky... lol.... It could be a windows issue too.. I notice sometimes when I plug in my Logitech Web Cam via a USB port it happens then when I un plug it , it goes back to normal on my end... ON rare occasions
spandexpartyadmin
posted 3 months ago
We recently opened up the Cam Chat to include also guests. I thought that there might be indecisive or shy users that wanna check out their spandex fantasy through an anonymous taste. to me this looks like bots try to "raid" a chat room and try to spam websites into it (maybe these messages get removed from the cam chat). I will add bot detection and the need to do a captcha upon entering as a guest.
spandexpartyadmin
posted 3 months ago
Update: Additional checks have been added to guest users only. Please let me know if any weird events happen. Worst case we have to remove guest access entirely and only allow SP members to enter the chat room. Cheers!
jtalbot812
posted 3 months ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
Update: Additional checks have been added to guest users only. Please let me know if any weird events happen. Worst case we have to remove guest access entirely and only allow SP members to enter the chat room. Cheers!
i think removing guest access would totally FIX the problem....... as of right now I can't get into the cam chat at all...
spandexpartyadmin
posted 3 months ago
posted by: jtalbot812
as of right now I can't get into the cam chat at all...
now it's working properly, thanks for the hint. I'd say let's give it another go for guest users. otherwise we pull the plug on guests for cam chat.
Deleted user
posted 3 months ago
Looks like its full of spam again and going a bit mad - can we pull the plug on guest altogether? Cam feels a lot better when its just members.

LycrabiLycrabi liked this.

geekingear
posted 3 months ago
Yeah it's acting way up again today
lycraguy21
posted 2 months ago
Happened today again...
jtalbot812
posted 2 months ago
posted by: lycraguy21
Happened today again...
it seems to be working as of 10 30 PM nyc time

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.