Chicago and Midwest spandex social events

Worldwide
Moreau55
posted 5 months ago
Since IML 2024 is coming up, I figured that now would be a good moment to start a Chicago and Midwest thread that we can keep adding to as events pop up rather than creating new threads all the time. I'm one of the guys who helps out with MAS Midwest Association of Spandex, a group for the spandex crowd here in the US. Leather and rubber people are great at claiming space for themselves and their interests and we figured that we should take some cues from them. IML weekend, for a lot of folks visiting Chicago, is a Thursday through Monday thing. IML is short for International Mr. Leather but, as the years have gone on, IML has become a congregation of people celebrating all kinds of gear meaning leather (of course), rubber, neoprene, spandex, etc. and you'll see plenty of spandex guys at IML and IML-adjacent socials. I'll be posting daily suggestions for spandex folks in or going to Chicago this upcoming weekend within the next couple of days. If you're here in Chicago or planning on visiting, please don't hesitate to add some suggestions too.
Moreau55
posted 5 months ago
Here are some 2024 IML and Memorial Day weekend Chicago activities that could appeal to spandex folks (things to consider) For all the details, specific times, and possible dress codes/requirements, be sure to check the respective websites and twitters of the venues. If *you* have any suggestions for us spandex folks in Chicago this weekend, please share them. Thursday, 05-23-24 *afternoon through evening: -kink and fetish exhibits (all weekend long) at Leather Archives and Museum (learn history and origins of regional kink communities) -exercise or get some fresh air at the lakefront area centering around Clark Ave (very spandex-heavy all the time anyway....) *night: -IML Kick-Off Party at Charlie's Chicago 3726 North Broadway -Bears Gone Wild at Touche 6412 North Clark -Lube Wrestling (midnight) at Hydrate 3458 North Halsted Friday, 05-24-24 *afternoon: -the market at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) 520 South Michigan Ave *night: -Off Leash (for those of you who are spandex pups) at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) in the Rendezvous Room, 7:30pm-10pm -(and then, later, more for the pups....) Bark After Dark at Jackhammer 6406 North Clark -Rubber Social (for those of you spandex guys who are also rubber guys and there are plenty of you) at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) in the Rendezvous Room, 10:30pm-2am -Butch Please gear and queer party at Cell Block 3702 North Halsted -Beat leather and kink dance party at The Baton Show Lounge 4713 North Broadway -Kink Heat dance party at Atmosphere 5355 North Clark -Nasty kink dance party at Hydrate 3458 North Halsted Saturday, 05-25-24 *afternoon: -the market at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) 520 South Michigan Ave -BDSM and fetish lifestyle seminars throughout the day at IML host hotel *night: -Gear Blast (centerpiece IML weekend event for spandex and rubber folks) at IML host hotel, Rendezvous Room, 10pm-2am -Inferno at Atmosphere 5355 North Clark -Primal Hiss at Jackhammer 6406 North Clark -Submit at Touche 6412 North Clark -Sin City gear and spanking party at Replay 3439 North Halsted Sunday, 05-26-24 *afternoon: -the market at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) 520 South Michigan Ave -Sunday BunDay at Cell Block 3702 North Halsted -Sunday Funday at Hydrate 3458 North Halsted *night: -Super Ripe at Touche 6412 North Clark -Freaq at Jackhammer 6406 North Clark Monday, 05-27-24 *afternoon: -the market at IML host hotel (Congress Plaza Hotel) 520 South Michigan Ave *night: -Bartender Joe's Kink and Blackout Party at Cell Block 3702 North Halsted
Moreau55
posted 5 months ago
Tonight is IML's Gear Blast party at the Congress Plaza Hotel which is the weekend's rubber-and-spandex-centric event. Don't overthink it, just gear up, grab your i.d., go, and have a great time. As for me, I'll be wearing a really cool vintage spandex suit to this and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Last edited: 5 months ago

LycranteLycrante liked this.

8eight8
posted 5 months ago
posted by: Moreau55
Tonight is IML's Gear Blast party at the Congress Plaza Hotel which is the weekend's rubber-and-spandex-centric event. Don't overthink it, just gear up, grab your i.d., go, and have a great time. As for me, I'll be wearing a really cool vintage spandex suit to this and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Hoping to make that later!

Moreau55Moreau55,LycranteLycrante liked this.

jtalbot812
posted 5 months ago
im on my way wearing my n2n red singlet i feel so kinky wearing it publically

Moreau55Moreau55 liked this.

Lycrante
posted 5 months ago
Gearing up, as we speak

Lycrante
posted 5 months ago
What a fun evening bros! hope we can see eachother again soon!

8eight88eight8,Moreau55Moreau55 liked this.

Moreau55
posted 5 months ago
Yes, Gear Blast definitely didn't disappoint 🌟💪 A LOT of spandex guys there--maybe more lycra folks out there than we realized in the grand scheme of things.... 🤔 Looking forward to next year's Gear Blast, that's for sure.

jtalbot812
posted 5 months ago
my black amoresy suit got soaked by a few guys :) it was hot

Moreau55Moreau55,WetspotsWetspots liked this.

Lycrante
posted 5 months ago
posted by: jtalbot812
my black amoresy suit got soaked by a few guys :) it was hot
Where are you from? Did you come to IML?

sixfootfiveguy
posted 5 months ago
sorry to have missed Gear Blast!

Lycrante
posted 5 months ago
posted by: sixfootfiveguy
sorry to have missed Gear Blast!
We had a blast,!

Moreau55
posted 4 months ago
The next spandex social for our group MAS Midwest Association of Spandex (all adults over 21 welcome, no official membership, no fees, no fuss, etc.) takes place on Saturday evening, June 29th 2024 at Cell Block Chicago. We aim to make this a monthly thing and it's been going good. This month, the MAS social will take place the night before the city's big Pride parade at the same time/location as two other socials: one called Whiff for folks into scentplay and, also, a party concept called Nerds vs. Bullies for those into geek/jock roleplay fantasy dynamics. This whole combination of factors sounds kind of insane and sort of brilliant. ha So.....that's what will be taking place at Cell Block on the 29th. It won't be boring. Cell Block Chicago 3702 N Halsted Street Chicago, IL 60613 Saturday night, 06-29-24 If you're reading this and you're over 21, you're invited. Gear up and go.
SpandexMan2112
posted 4 months ago
Sounds fun! What all goes on at these?

Moreau55
posted 4 months ago
posted by: SpandexMan2112
Sounds fun! What all goes on at these?
It all depends on the night. Sometimes it's just drinking/talking/dancing if they're spinning that night 🎶 but the last couple of socials have been more activity-oriented (some play, BDSM, etc.). I would love to lean more into the bondage, spanking, frottage element of things for those that want to participate in that. Or folks can just hang out in gear and talk if that's what they'd prefer. I'll be bringing my paddle on Saturday, I know that for sure! lol

Moreau55
posted 4 months ago
day-before reminder: tomorrow night--Saturday, the 29th--is the spandex social for June at Cell Block Chicago. See you there 😉

Moreau55
posted 3 months ago
This month's Windy City spandex social will take place Saturday night, July 20th at Cell Block Chicago. Gear up and go✨

yohanthongeryohanthonger liked this.

Moreau55
posted 3 months ago
Also, Skintight Saturdays will be **the 3rd Saturday night of each month** at Cell Block in Chicago for those looking to plan ahead--folks in the Chicago area as well as you guys who want to their city visit to coincide with a spandex meetup.

WetspotsWetspots,billy29billy29,FiliFili liked this.

Moreau55
posted 3 months ago
just a quick reminder that tonight is this month's skin tight night at Cell Block Chicago--see ya there!
Moreau55
posted 3 months ago
This month's Chicago meetup will be coming before you know it. The MAS Midwest Association of Spandex socials take place on the 3rd Saturday evenings of each month at Cell Block Chicago. Cell Block Chicago 3702 N Halsted St Chicago, IL 60613 For August, we'll see you on Saturday, 08-17-24. No cover to get in, coat/clothes check there as well to make things easy. Gear up and go!

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.