Custom cropping of images

Suggestions and site feedback
jman_519
posted 4 weeks ago
It would be really nice if we could chose the thumbnail cropping of images when uploading. Currently, it looks like it does a square crop at the centre of the image, which works great for most cases, but when the main "subject" is not in the centre of the image, you can get a very random thumbnail for your picture 😄
Deleted user
posted 4 weeks ago
woof
spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 weeks ago
posted by: jman_519
It would be really nice if we could chose the thumbnail cropping of images when uploading. Currently, it looks like it does a square crop at the centre of the image, which works great for most cases, but when the main "subject" is not in the centre of the image, you can get a very random thumbnail for your picture 😄
Hey there, I hear you. the centering does happen algorithmically where "the most" is happening. so it would rather center on a bulge or person than a table in the background for example. but maybe this needs tweaking. or maybe we should make this cropping available (optionally if wanted) to the user as well. you can link me some examples where the cropping could be improved here or in DM!
jman_519
posted 3 weeks ago
It would be amazing to have the option to do custom cropping 👍 Please have a look at my profile https://spandexparty.com/jman_519. Image 4, 6 and 7 for example have the cropping a bit off.
Last edited: 3 weeks ago