Latex as a promo boy

How I got into Spandex
Uruk
posted 4 months ago
Hello everyone! I read many of your stories and found them very interesting. I will tell mine mainly because just a year ago, after therapy, the therapist encouraged me to share this story because it was very important to me but at the same time I was ashamed for many years and I have almost never talked about it. Until I was 18 I lived in a small town in the state of Puebla, in Mexico, but at that age I moved to the capital city to study. Since I had no money, I had to look for a job, so I started in a marketing company as a flyer distributor. However, two weeks later, the manager called me, told me that I looked good, and he offered me the opportunity to become a promo boy. At that moment I got very excited and signed the contract without even reading it, which was a mistake. I was too young at the time to understand it, as I was still 18. A few days later they presented us with the campaign plan for a Colombian brand of condoms (Duo), they told us that it would last three months and would be carried out in two types of places: in nightclubs and sex shops. That same day they called me aside and asked me if I was interested in a type of “special participation” for that particular campaign, participation that they could not define me, but that they assured me that I was going to earn much more per hour than the others. I did the same stupid thing, got excited and signed for the projected 180 hours of the campaign. On the day of the campaign they took my colleagues to the meeting room and gave them polo shirts with the brand logo. Then, they call me apart and asked me to go to the bathroom if I needed to, because I was going to have a long time without going. It was weird but I did. Afterwards, they took me to the dressing room. Once there, without really telling me what it was going to be like, they asked me to take off my clothes and even my underwear. Two guys from the brand, who were very kind and professional, spread some lubricant on my arms and legs and asked me to do it on the rest of my body. They took something out of a ziploc bag that I didn't see at first, asked me to sit down and relax (but I was already too nervous at that point), and they started putting a latex suit on me. It was a neck entry suit and I couldn’t understand how that was going to be pasted in my body. Until that moment I had never seen one and did not recognize the material either. It was a very tight suit, very sticky, it took a long time and in the end they gave me some Gatorade because I complained the whole time it took them to get me in and I was panting and I didn't know why. I just remember that being seen and stuck into that was one of the most uncomfortable sensations that I had had until then. Although I find wearing latex very exciting nowadays, back then, when I first saw myself in the suit, I felt very intimidated and was afraid. I asked to speak to the campaign coordinator and I told him that I was very shy at the idea of ​​going out in public like that, but he told me that I had to be professional and that they had already paid me hours in advance. The advantage for me, at that time, was that the suit had a latex hood, socks, gloves and only my chin was visible because I had to wear glasses. Basically no one was going to recognize me (but weeks later someone did: for my complete shame he was my College professor, but he never spoke a word about it). I had the Duo logo on my chest and calves, and the slogan “Protect your sensations” seemed very ironic to me, because I felt unprotected and very strange, but I didn't know why. When I got into the van to go to the campaign launch, I remember that my colleagues started laughing and shouting at me with fun. Many of them were very nervous to see me (which made me feel even worse) but others were just making fun. They started calling me “condom man” and then one explained to me that what I was wearing, in fact, was a latex suit (originally I thought it was plastic). The inauguration took place at the Convention Center: then, the second most difficult part began: the feeling of how people were looking at me. On one hand it was the feeling of latex and on the other hand, the looking from people. In the nightclubs it was easier because I only had to dance a little, or smile, or say hello with my hands next to the stand, standing on a lighted platform, while my colleagues offered the flyers and samples of condoms, although my sexual sensation began when some very attractive guys looked at me in a completely sexual way, and I had to try very hard not to get erections because nothing really protected my intimate area. In sex shops it was more difficult because I did have to interact with customers and they often asked me what I felt using a suit like that on, if I liked it, or if my girlfriend was okay with me being shown like that in public. There were also many insinuations, both from clients and colleagues. The last few weeks were already very difficult because of all the experiences, comments and the very sensation of latex. Sometimes I had to secretly masturbate before starting, to be able to endure the hours with the suit on. That was perhaps what caused me the most conflict and became the most embarrassing for me. In the end I did manage to cover the 180 hours during the almost three months of the campaign and, when it was over, they gave me a memory portfolio on a CD, but when I saw the photographs I decided to get rid of it because I was very afraid that my mother would discover that I worked on something like that. But situations with the company did not stop there. Shortly thereafter, we had a technology convention representing Intel. To my surprise, this time they asked me to wear a blue spandex fullbody. When I put it on, I got that latex suit feeling again, but I tried to push it away. Fortunately, the Intel issue lasted only a weekend. On a third occasion, for a Sedalmerck campaign they were going to ask me to wear a yellow spandex bodysuit, but I no longer wanted to, and asked to know the reason why this was happening to me only and not to the rest of the boys in SMI. Finally I figured out that when I became a promo boy, I had been given a contract that the company called “Type C”, in which a clause explained that the company kept the right to assign me the clothing it considered appropriate for the advertising purposes of each Campaign. At that moment I resigned. I got very angry. Someone told me some time later that the Type C contract was normally given only to girls who were considered for campaigns that sexualized the body and that, in my case, that contract had been thought for me of since I was a flyer boy because, one day an executive saw me shirtless in the lockers, and he decided that mine was the body he wanted to see in latex for the Duo campaign that they had already been planned. After that experience, I tried to never think about the subject again, but I couldn't. Over the years that made my sexual relationships very difficult, first with women and, when I came out as gay, with men. A few years later I started looking for lycra bodysuits, which were the most accessible on the market, and I learned that there was a complete world of these things. I learned about (or recognized) the jet concepts and the fastskins and began to feel fascinated by them. Nowadays I always train in lycra when possible. It was difficult for me to try latex again, and it was after the therapy that I talked about at the beginning, in which other emotional and sexual things that I experienced at that time came out that made me feel ashamed. A few months ago I looked for one of the SMI campaign coordinators (the marketing company) to try to recover the photo portfolio, but that happened in 2006 and apparently it is a little bit hard to find it. If I ever get it back, I'll try to share it here. Thank you for reading. Greetings!
Last edited: 4 months ago
expressoh
posted 4 months ago
Such a funny/ sweet story, thanks for sharing .
Bubblebum
posted 4 months ago
Amazing story, thanks so much for putting all of that down for us. Honestly, i thought the story was going in a different direction when they liked your body, put you in a rubber suit…i thought they were going to use you as a condom test case for all to watch!
Uruk
posted 4 months ago
posted by: Bubblebum
Amazing story, thanks so much for putting all of that down for us. Honestly, i thought the story was going in a different direction when they liked your body, put you in a rubber suit…i thought they were going to use you as a condom test case for all to watch!
Hahaha. I wouldn’t stand something like that. To be in full rubber with the Duo logo in the chest was harsh enough to go by. Maybe today I would enjoy a lot being used a condom test case, but that won't happen anymore, I don't have the body neither the face I had as teenager (fortunately or unfortunately). Thank you for reading!

BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Uruk
posted 4 months ago
posted by: expressoh
Such a funny/ sweet story, thanks for sharing .
Thank you for reading.
Achteon
posted 4 months ago
Very interesting 🤗

UrukUruk liked this.

Spandexslut123
posted 2 months ago
hey, i just wanted to say that i think u are very brave for sharing this (what sounds like a very traumatising) experience. Furthermore I would l like to compliment u on being open about seeing a therapist (most people wouldn't), mental health is just as, if not more important as physical health, and we should all work on breaking the stigma of therapy. that being said, im glad u have found ur way to enjoying the feeling of tight clothing, as i think we all know it can be very amazing.
Zentaiguy92
posted 1 month ago
posted by: Uruk
Hello everyone! I read many of your stories and found them very interesting. I will tell mine mainly because just a year ago, after therapy, the therapist encouraged me to share this story because it was very important to me but at the same time I was ashamed for many years and I have almost never talked about it. Until I was 18 I lived in a small town in the state of Puebla, in Mexico, but at that age I moved to the capital city to study. Since I had no money, I had to look for a job, so I started in a marketing company as a flyer distributor. However, two weeks later, the manager called me, told me that I looked good, and he offered me the opportunity to become a promo boy. At that moment I got very excited and signed the contract without even reading it, which was a mistake. I was too young at the time to understand it, as I was still 18. A few days later they presented us with the campaign plan for a Colombian brand of condoms (Duo), they told us that it would last three months and would be carried out in two types of places: in nightclubs and sex shops. That same day they called me aside and asked me if I was interested in a type of “special participation” for that particular campaign, participation that they could not define me, but that they assured me that I was going to earn much more per hour than the others. I did the same stupid thing, got excited and signed for the projected 180 hours of the campaign. On the day of the campaign they took my colleagues to the meeting room and gave them polo shirts with the brand logo. Then, they call me apart and asked me to go to the bathroom if I needed to, because I was going to have a long time without going. It was weird but I did. Afterwards, they took me to the dressing room. Once there, without really telling me what it was going to be like, they asked me to take off my clothes and even my underwear. Two guys from the brand, who were very kind and professional, spread some lubricant on my arms and legs and asked me to do it on the rest of my body. They took something out of a ziploc bag that I didn't see at first, asked me to sit down and relax (but I was already too nervous at that point), and they started putting a latex suit on me. It was a neck entry suit and I couldn’t understand how that was going to be pasted in my body. Until that moment I had never seen one and did not recognize the material either. It was a very tight suit, very sticky, it took a long time and in the end they gave me some Gatorade because I complained the whole time it took them to get me in and I was panting and I didn't know why. I just remember that being seen and stuck into that was one of the most uncomfortable sensations that I had had until then. Although I find wearing latex very exciting nowadays, back then, when I first saw myself in the suit, I felt very intimidated and was afraid. I asked to speak to the campaign coordinator and I told him that I was very shy at the idea of ​​going out in public like that, but he told me that I had to be professional and that they had already paid me hours in advance. The advantage for me, at that time, was that the suit had a latex hood, socks, gloves and only my chin was visible because I had to wear glasses. Basically no one was going to recognize me (but weeks later someone did: for my complete shame he was my College professor, but he never spoke a word about it). I had the Duo logo on my chest and calves, and the slogan “Protect your sensations” seemed very ironic to me, because I felt unprotected and very strange, but I didn't know why. When I got into the van to go to the campaign launch, I remember that my colleagues started laughing and shouting at me with fun. Many of them were very nervous to see me (which made me feel even worse) but others were just making fun. They started calling me “condom man” and then one explained to me that what I was wearing, in fact, was a latex suit (originally I thought it was plastic). The inauguration took place at the Convention Center: then, the second most difficult part began: the feeling of how people were looking at me. On one hand it was the feeling of latex and on the other hand, the looking from people. In the nightclubs it was easier because I only had to dance a little, or smile, or say hello with my hands next to the stand, standing on a lighted platform, while my colleagues offered the flyers and samples of condoms, although my sexual sensation began when some very attractive guys looked at me in a completely sexual way, and I had to try very hard not to get erections because nothing really protected my intimate area. In sex shops it was more difficult because I did have to interact with customers and they often asked me what I felt using a suit like that on, if I liked it, or if my girlfriend was okay with me being shown like that in public. There were also many insinuations, both from clients and colleagues. The last few weeks were already very difficult because of all the experiences, comments and the very sensation of latex. Sometimes I had to secretly masturbate before starting, to be able to endure the hours with the suit on. That was perhaps what caused me the most conflict and became the most embarrassing for me. In the end I did manage to cover the 180 hours during the almost three months of the campaign and, when it was over, they gave me a memory portfolio on a CD, but when I saw the photographs I decided to get rid of it because I was very afraid that my mother would discover that I worked on something like that. But situations with the company did not stop there. Shortly thereafter, we had a technology convention representing Intel. To my surprise, this time they asked me to wear a blue spandex fullbody. When I put it on, I got that latex suit feeling again, but I tried to push it away. Fortunately, the Intel issue lasted only a weekend. On a third occasion, for a Sedalmerck campaign they were going to ask me to wear a yellow spandex bodysuit, but I no longer wanted to, and asked to know the reason why this was happening to me only and not to the rest of the boys in SMI. Finally I figured out that when I became a promo boy, I had been given a contract that the company called “Type C”, in which a clause explained that the company kept the right to assign me the clothing it considered appropriate for the advertising purposes of each Campaign. At that moment I resigned. I got very angry. Someone told me some time later that the Type C contract was normally given only to girls who were considered for campaigns that sexualized the body and that, in my case, that contract had been thought for me of since I was a flyer boy because, one day an executive saw me shirtless in the lockers, and he decided that mine was the body he wanted to see in latex for the Duo campaign that they had already been planned. After that experience, I tried to never think about the subject again, but I couldn't. Over the years that made my sexual relationships very difficult, first with women and, when I came out as gay, with men. A few years later I started looking for lycra bodysuits, which were the most accessible on the market, and I learned that there was a complete world of these things. I learned about (or recognized) the jet concepts and the fastskins and began to feel fascinated by them. Nowadays I always train in lycra when possible. It was difficult for me to try latex again, and it was after the therapy that I talked about at the beginning, in which other emotional and sexual things that I experienced at that time came out that made me feel ashamed. A few months ago I looked for one of the SMI campaign coordinators (the marketing company) to try to recover the photo portfolio, but that happened in 2006 and apparently it is a little bit hard to find it. If I ever get it back, I'll try to share it here. Thank you for reading. Greetings!
Bubblebum
posted 1 month ago
posted by: Zentaiguy92
posted by: Uruk
Hey did you mean to add something here? Just checking!