Members Reposting Pix of Other People

Suggestions and site feedback
8eight8
posted 1 year ago
Is there a rule against that here? It seems there are some who only post pictures of others, maybe they’ve collected them on other sites.
spxbrln
posted 1 year ago
Yeah... Pretty lame.

Deleted userDeleted user,BlackAlphaBlackAlpha,8eight88eight8,cplethngcplethng,indiedudeindiedude,AdidasRunAdidasRun liked this.

Aremay
posted 1 year ago
I would hope there's a rule against this. Spotted at least one person in the last few days who's done that; what's also discouraging is folks popping up in the comments of their pics to be all supportive of them being brave, showing their face, and that sort of thing! It's obvious from 30 seconds looking at their gallery they're just harvesting pictures off the internet of random guys and sharing them, probably without their consent. That isn't brave, it's just scummy.
H-B-I-C
posted 1 year ago
IMO, it's just part of putting your pictures online. It's worst on IG & in Facebook Groups. For the most part, most Picture Collectors don't only post ONE single person, so it's easier to spot if they're using their own pictures, or pictures they've been collecting.

cplethngcplethng liked this.

8eight8
posted 1 year ago
Alex224 🤷🏼‍♂️

spxbrlnspxbrln liked this.

spxbrln
posted 1 year ago
Right: Alex224. What for?

8eight88eight8,Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
Alex224 a fake??
richl
posted 1 year ago
There's another one with a similar name, who keeps sending me pics claiming to be him, when you point out the differences to the previous pictures, they've always good an "excuse"...

Deleted userDeleted user,8eight88eight8 liked this.

Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
Sad these people do this :(

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
posted by: 8eight8
Is there a rule against that here? It seems there are some who only post pictures of others, maybe they’ve collected them on other sites.
if you find someone is posting YOUR Photos that you don't authorize , You can File a DMCA report and by law that site the photos must be taken down

8eight88eight8,Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
posted by: Aremay
I would hope there's a rule against this. Spotted at least one person in the last few days who's done that; what's also discouraging is folks popping up in the comments of their pics to be all supportive of them being brave, showing their face, and that sort of thing! It's obvious from 30 seconds looking at their gallery they're just harvesting pictures off the internet of random guys and sharing them, probably without their consent. That isn't brave, it's just scummy.
I had a few of my pics posted on other profiles where they cropped the head out... I filed a DMCA report the other person got in serious trouble for it... You're right its scummy for people to do that

scotspandexscotspandex,8eight88eight8 liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
It's a very good question. On the one hand we love gear and it must be worn by somebody. On the other hand they can easily imitate a person. I think I'd be fine with pictures taken from store pages or accredited ones. It's important that the images don't deceive anybody. What do you guys think? Plus, we certainly need an easy and automated way to report images that don't fulfil our code of conduct guidelines! (We might need to update our code of conduct, so we're all on the same page.)
Aremay
posted 1 year ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
It's a very good question. On the one hand we love gear and it must be worn by somebody. On the other hand they can easily imitate a person. I think I'd be fine with pictures taken from store pages or accredited ones. It's important that the images don't deceive anybody. What do you guys think? Plus, we certainly need an easy and automated way to report images that don't fulfil our code of conduct guidelines! (We might need to update our code of conduct, so we're all on the same page.)
Thanks for replying to the thread! I would start from; only share pictures that either are of yourself, or were taken by yourself. And then work from there - what exceptions would there be, and why would we need them? If we say you can share pictures you found on a search engine, or on a store page; what's the reasoning for them? If you didn't take them, or aren't selling the item in question, I can't think of a clear justification for why you'd post them here. Ultimately, it's about what the site is for - if it's for meeting guys into spandex, then I'd say you'd go back to the starting position and draw the code of conduct pretty tightly, so that it becomes a place where folks not only do share themselves, but feel confident they're going to be doing so with other folks who do the same. Often, you find these accounts only sharing a very narrowly selected range of guys, and setting up an image that this material is only for the ripped and the young. We don't want that!

8eight88eight8,Deleted userDeleted user,vaimanvaiman liked this.

Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
posted by: jtalbot812
I had a few of my pics posted on other profiles where they cropped the head out... I filed a DMCA report the other person got in serious trouble for it... You're right its scummy for people to do that
Excuse me for the comment about being brave because of seeing men that show their face in the pics . I only quick searched the pics I commented on and don't spend my entire time looking at all their profile pics . I am here to see the pics and not here to just bitch about what others are doing wrong . If I would have realized that they were internet pics or stolen pics I would not have put that comment down . I hope you all proud of yourselves for also bitching about an innocent comment .

Aremay
posted 1 year ago
posted by: jimbear51
Excuse me for the comment about being brave because of seeing men that show their face in the pics . I only quick searched the pics I commented on and don't spend my entire time looking at all their profile pics . I am here to see the pics and not here to just bitch about what others are doing wrong . If I would have realized that they were internet pics or stolen pics I would not have put that comment down . I hope you all proud of yourselves for also bitching about an innocent comment .
Given that you commented -after- folks had asked if these were his pictures, and you've commented on multiple pictures from the same account that are clearly of different men; what more evidence do you need that this account is just reposting pictures of random guys it's scraping from the internet? Like, sure, we've all fallen for an account that seemed to be of a hot guy until it turned out they were a liar; but you've kept going back to the same account, repeatedly, praising him for being brave across multiple pictures, despite the obvious fact that these are stolen pictures, and others questioning that on the same pictures you've commented on. So there's a level of easy mistake to make here, and then there's repeatedly engaging with these accounts uncritically and -praising- them, when they are very clearly engaged in stealing pictures to harvest attention for themselves.

BlackAlphaBlackAlpha,Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
posted by: jimbear51
Given that you commented -after- folks had asked if these were his pictures, and you've commented on multiple pictures from the same account that are clearly of different men; what more evidence do you need that this account is just reposting pictures of random guys it's scraping from the internet? Like, sure, we've all fallen for an account that seemed to be of a hot guy until it turned out they were a liar; but you've kept going back to the same account, repeatedly, praising him for being brave across multiple pictures, despite the obvious fact that these are stolen pictures, and others questioning that on the same pictures you've commented on. So there's a level of easy mistake to make here, and then there's repeatedly engaging with these accounts uncritically and -praising- them, when they are very clearly engaged in stealing pictures to harvest attention for themselves.
I see you are not happy unless you have the last bitch session

8eight8
posted 1 year ago
jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
I think if one is going to post someone else's photo here, They should have Consent from the other person. Or at least say this pic was originally posted on this site... or this pic is of ----- Name of person---- ie this pic was on www.spandex dot gay sex dot com pic is of jon doe for example....
sequential
posted 1 year ago
Pictures on your profile should only be yourself or perhaps yourself and others in the same pictures. Pictures stolen (and they would be stolen) from Twitter or Instagram etc should really only be posted in a forum post or perhaps in a dedicated album within a profile that was clearly marked as such. Otherwise the "hottest" pictures on the home page or top list will start to become just pictures from other sites.
jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
posted by: sequential
Pictures on your profile should only be yourself or perhaps yourself and others in the same pictures. Pictures stolen (and they would be stolen) from Twitter or Instagram etc should really only be posted in a forum post or perhaps in a dedicated album within a profile that was clearly marked as such. Otherwise the "hottest" pictures on the home page or top list will start to become just pictures from other sites.
What? you mean I shouldn't use photos from say muscle men R us and pretend they're mine..... what is the world coming to :( so sad..... LOL Just kidding..... In all honesty, I think you said it best.