No board shorts in France!!!

Blog
O2BnSF
posted 3 weeks ago
Another reason to love France! The headline: French Public Pools Ban Swim Shorts on Men: The Tight-Suit Rule Americans Refuse to Believe https://www.gamintraveler.com/2026/08/30/french-public-pools-ban-swim-shorts-on-men-the-tight-suit-rule-americans-refuse-to-believe/
Swimmer2004
posted 3 weeks ago
A speedo style swimsuit is the practical and sensible choice for beach and pool, no matter how you look at it. The reasons they give in the article, plus they also dry really fast, and for those of us who like wearing them, comfortable and sexy too. To each their own, but to me, there's nothing more unflattering, dumpy looking, uncomfortable, and impractical to wear for beach or pool than board shorts. It would be interesting if it were possible to ask a tourist who was basically forced into wearing a speedo what they thought it was like, after their experience. I wonder what it would be like here in the USA if guys at least TRIED them for beach or pool. I mean, except for those of us who swim on a team or do triathlons or lap swimming, or us gay guys that like wearing them, most guys here go their whole lives without even experiencing what it's like to wear a speedo. There's nothing to be done, of course, given cultural views and pressure, but I think it really is too bad.
Last edited: 3 weeks ago
Cycling
posted 3 weeks ago
This law has been around as long as I can remember, which is great for us lycra lovers as I do live in France and when goto decathlon in Dijon there is an olympic swimming next door which has a convenience viewing gallery over looking the pool so you can relax have coffee and watch speedo bulges passing you by, best times when they doing swimming competitions 
mrever_ready
posted 3 weeks ago
posted by: Cycling
This law has been around as long as I can remember, which is great for us lycra lovers as I do live in France and when goto decathlon in Dijon there is an olympic swimming next door which has a convenience viewing gallery over looking the pool so you can relax have coffee and watch speedo bulges passing you by, best times when they doing swimming competitions 
sounds like a wonderful way to people watch 
Tnglvr
posted 3 weeks ago
I vaguely remember hearing about this law years ago but never followed up on it. Thanks for posting the link. It was a good read and now thinking about traveling to France more than ever

Lycra SALycra SA,O2BnSFO2BnSF liked this.

Lycraamore
posted 3 weeks ago
A short video (in German) of Arte on that topic: https://youtu.be/2LwKGMI0Pcs?si=blelNZ5EkSh4XesG

CyclingCycling,O2BnSFO2BnSF liked this.

Lycralove82
posted 3 weeks ago
Jammer OK?
robertbuka123
posted 3 weeks ago
I loved “being forced” to wear speedos in France this summer. Everyone looked great!
Cycling
posted 3 weeks ago
posted by: Lycralove82
Jammer OK?
I think they are allowed if they are tight 

LycraamoreLycraamore liked this.

wetlycraboy
posted 3 weeks ago
Yep in my experience jammers are absolutely fine.

LycraamoreLycraamore liked this.

Lycralove82
posted 3 weeks ago
Tf.  I love them