price gouging for men’s

Shops and Sites
BulgingAZ
posted 2 weeks ago
There is a crazy price gouge for men’s items in comparison to women’s. Any store, brands, and even online. For example a basic swim brief made of nylon/spandex blend for men runs in the $20ish range at best. In the women’s department, find the same fabric, similar look, but the prices are way marked down, I even seen some at $2 a pair! They fit pretty much the same, usually get a size bigger to accomodate the front, and removing the polyester liner allows more stretch for the nylon/spandex. Wondering what thoughts you all have over this? Surely you have witnessed it. And if not, check out the women’s section, you’re welcome, thank me later 😄 Also interested in trades and deals if you have any you know of.

BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Bubblebum
posted 2 weeks ago
posted by: BulgingAZ
There is a crazy price gouge for men’s items in comparison to women’s. Any store, brands, and even online. For example a basic swim brief made of nylon/spandex blend for men runs in the $20ish range at best. In the women’s department, find the same fabric, similar look, but the prices are way marked down, I even seen some at $2 a pair! They fit pretty much the same, usually get a size bigger to accomodate the front, and removing the polyester liner allows more stretch for the nylon/spandex. Wondering what thoughts you all have over this? Surely you have witnessed it. And if not, check out the women’s section, you’re welcome, thank me later 😄 Also interested in trades and deals if you have any you know of.
Hey I hear you on trying to be thrifty when shopping but i think it’s generally knows that women actually pay a ‘pink tax’, just a premium on similar items. I can find swim briefs/bikinis/thongs for around 20-23 and women might pay >100 for something of comparable quality. If you’re going to TJX or other similar discount/value stores, maybe women’s items are priced down but in full price i think it’s the opposite. Just sharing my findings and observations!

SlickskinSlickskin,BubblebumBubblebum liked this.

Slickskin
posted 2 weeks ago
posted by: Bubblebum
posted by: BulgingAZ
Hey I hear you on trying to be thrifty when shopping but i think it’s generally knows that women actually pay a ‘pink tax’, just a premium on similar items. I can find swim briefs/bikinis/thongs for around 20-23 and women might pay >100 for something of comparable quality. If you’re going to TJX or other similar discount/value stores, maybe women’s items are priced down but in full price i think it’s the opposite. Just sharing my findings and observations!
I have to agree. In all the years I've been shopping for gear, I have arrived at two universal truths. Number one, women most usually have the luxury of endless options in the variety of gear specifically marketed towards them. I would contend that us fellas have a relatively limited range of options by comparison. Secondly, apart from rare occurrences, women generally pay more. The items they purchase are generally marked up by double, at minimum. I spent a great deal of my working life in retail clothing sales, and I have rarely ever seen women's items marked at a lower price point. Women get more options, but they also pay more for that too.

Swimmer2004
posted 2 weeks ago
for either, the premium stuff is always really $$, like nike & under armour for guys, or lululemon & alo yoga for women. but both can get a lot cheaper stuff on places like amazon & aliexpress & ebay.

Lycrante
posted 2 weeks ago
Sadly Brands are in for a cash grab from their clients. The value isnt there, this isnt an issue about male vs female items. Products made in china, home made, knock offs, and more This is about gauging for gay brands becaus ppl dont know.

Delightfullynasty
posted 2 weeks ago
I think you're right when it comes to premium gear. While it it feels entirely reasonable to pay premiums for elevated quality, better materials, and clever design, it feels as if some sellers take advantage of the lack of comparable alternatives to hike up the price beyond what seem just. But I agree with the other comments that overall, women's clothing overall costs far more than men's in nearly every other area.

SlickskinSlickskin,BubblebumBubblebum liked this.