Recent Server Downtimes

Suggestions and site feedback
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
Hey all, just wanted to keep you in the loop of the recent unavailability of Spandex Party: A process to update the certificate is randomly running amok and taking part of the servers from the net. This requires manual work to get them back on. I'll get to the root of this and fix it, so we're not relying on my manual work. After I'm back from my now holidays (1 ½ weeks) I can allocate more time to it. Cheers! P.s. Premium users get the time on their membership back when the server was unavailable.
Last edited: 1 year ago
Whoslooking
posted 1 year ago
Are we able to factor in the world's timezones for the downtime? Suggestion is to carry out the activity that aligns with visitor and member traffic is less, also putting a holding page or forum post of timings so that ALL members can factor this in for uploads and participation? Very frustrating to get a dead page, when you are time poor, that most of us are these days.
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
I increased the server power and services by a lot and will monitor these recent changes. I'm very sorry that it broke so many times. It's very annoying that it wasn't more clear to me beforehand. It definitely should run more stable now!
Whoslooking
posted 1 year ago
Hey we do expect downtime from time to time, it just would be really nice to have a notification with a holding page of when the site will return.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

theboi
posted 1 year ago
Depending on the backbone - probably finding that the increase in resources will help services like ssl be more stable which will keep the site up. Resources are a complete pain

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.