Spontaneous log-off

Suggestions and site feedback
cplethng
posted 3 months ago
When viewing the site on my phone (samsung, android, on chrome), every time I go to look at another app, or even another page on chrome, spandexparty logs itself off and i need to log back in again every single time. This is annoying for many reasons. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, and I can't find any settings on the site that might regulate this. I haven't seen anyone else complain about it so it's highly possible that it's just me and I'm just doing something wrong, but I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has any insights. Thanks!
jtalbot812
posted 3 months ago
posted by: cplethng
When viewing the site on my phone (samsung, android, on chrome), every time I go to look at another app, or even another page on chrome, spandexparty logs itself off and i need to log back in again every single time. This is annoying for many reasons. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature, and I can't find any settings on the site that might regulate this. I haven't seen anyone else complain about it so it's highly possible that it's just me and I'm just doing something wrong, but I'd appreciate hearing if anyone has any insights. Thanks!
i think it could be a bug on your end..... But ya know it would make a awesome feature to add to the cam chat. like automatically Log people out of the cam chat but let them remain logged on the sp site in general...... that way it would eliminate LURKING....
cplethng
posted 3 months ago
posted by: jtalbot812
i think it could be a bug on your end..... But ya know it would make a awesome feature to add to the cam chat. like automatically Log people out of the cam chat but let them remain logged on the sp site in general...... that way it would eliminate LURKING....
It probably is a bug at my end, but it doesn't affect any site other than SP. And the cam-chat has never worked for me on this iteration of the site anyway, on any platform. So I don't know anything about lurking there, but it's a different issue from the one I'm having.
budude
posted 2 months ago
It's not just you. It randomly logs out of mobile safari on iOS as well.

cplethngcplethng liked this.

cplethng
posted 2 months ago
posted by: budude
Thanks for responding! Sorry to hear it's happening to you too. But since that's two different operating systems, two different browsers and (since you're running iOS) two different kinds of mobiles, it seems to suggest a broader issue than one that is isolated to my phone only. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a fix for this. Also, perhaps there could be a way of reporting bugs on the site?
Bubblebum
posted 2 months ago
Thanks for responding! Sorry to hear it's happening to you too. But since that's two different operating systems, two different browsers and (since you're running iOS) two different kinds of mobiles, it seems to suggest a broader issue than one that is isolated to my phone only. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has a fix for this. Also, perhaps there could be a way of reporting bugs on the site?
Thus far I’ve been issue free on the log off side of things. I’m on chrome and safari both but never logged onto 2 platforms at the same time, perhaps that might be the reason?

cplethngcplethng liked this.

cplethng
posted 2 months ago
posted by: Bubblebum
Thus far I’ve been issue free on the log off side of things. I’m on chrome and safari both but never logged onto 2 platforms at the same time, perhaps that might be the reason?
Not in my case. It always happens on my phone, whether I'm logged in on the computer or not.

bududebudude liked this.

jock4jock2
posted 2 months ago
This whole sites a mess. Constantly logs me off same browser on same device. The way it’s now set up is confusing and very user unfriendly. I can’t easily find people I follow - hard to find any content now. Seems software wants to emulate instagram and it’s not at all working. Mess
jtalbot812
posted 2 months ago
posted by: jock4jock2
This whole sites a mess. Constantly logs me off same browser on same device. The way it’s now set up is confusing and very user unfriendly. I can’t easily find people I follow - hard to find any content now. Seems software wants to emulate instagram and it’s not at all working. Mess
no offense intended in any way... but I don't find the site user UN friendly..... then again I only use the site on my Google Chrome Browser on my Laptop windows 10 pc......quite easy to navigate. tho I would like to see the local search within so many miles brought back ... i thought that was a good feature. granted the site isn't 100% perfect, i also think the admin is doing all he can to make this site possible, im pretty sure he's paying for it out of his own money.
cplethng
posted 2 months ago
I certainly don't think the site is a mess or user unfriendly. But I'm sure there are things that can be tweaked and i don't expect Simon to be aware of them unless we let him know, hopefully in a civil manner. This is one of them. It affects me and you, and apparently some others. My guess is that the developers aren't aware of it and that's fine. If we can helpfully point out things, I'm sure that whoever can, will be happy to help to change whatever can be changed.

jtalbot812jtalbot812,bududebudude liked this.