Suggestions for 'Guys near me' revamp

Suggestions and site feedback
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
Hey all, after the first 'Guys near me' improvements recently, that was mostly a bug fix package, I'd like to revamp the feature on a bigger level. The main intent for this get-to-meet-guys feature is to find like minded guys for real life meetups of any kind (sport gatherings to hot lycra session). I'd love to hear from you! 🫵 What would you like to see, have you seen a great meet-feature on other apps or sites? Do you have any intent that isn't listed here and would make a great addition to the feature? Here are just some of the ideas that I gathered from the past months on the forums and private messages: - Map à la Google Maps where you can zoom in and explore - Add your visiting dates and places - See / get notified when somebody new comes to your neighbourhood, or is about to come via visiting - Create city groups for sport activities Cheers!
bshorts
posted 1 year ago
I would love to see a feature that magically generates a large number of lycra-minded guys in my area! ;)
BSpan77
posted 11 months ago
Guys near me keep showing Montreal, Quebec when I am 3-4 Provinces away in NL. No way to search just NL or even NS (the next Province over)
peterwhitethong
posted 11 months ago
the ones you mentioned are really nice features to have. I missed the option that was there before that you could select a country or place and it will show guys from there. It was a manual way of getting in contact with guys before traveling for visiting or asking for advice.

beemer69cabeemer69ca liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 11 months ago
posted by: peterwhitethong
... that you could select a country or place and it will show guys from there.
This option is still there, but it's a bit hidden and not optimally displayed. that is also a thing that should be changed/unified in the revamp. for instance, if you want to check out who's from the Netherlands you can go to: https://spandexparty.com/dating/online-members?page=1&with_offline=1&country=167 explanation: under Dating > Online Members you can select the country filter. but you also have to select the "Include offline users" filter, so you can see all active¹ users. ¹) active users means here that they've been on the site in the past 3 months and frequently come back.
koalalover
posted 7 months ago
Problem with guys around you as it does not use location but only able to use by country. I am living in the netherlands but in a part where the border of belgium and germany is 20 km away. This means i am not seeing people for dating or online based on my location as they are maybe nearer than somebody in amsterdam.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

O2BnSF
posted 7 months ago
You fixed my issue with the local dating. It used to show everyone in San Francisco who was in the database, but now it only shows the online members...although it would be nice to have the option to see both. Thanks for fixing that. I'm not sure I want something that fine tunes the search too. City is good enough or perhaps distance (100 miles). I don't want someone showing up on my doorstep without my knowledge...although a few of you have an open invitation. lol
spacetimetraveller
posted 7 months ago
Hey! I would be happy about a “nearby” page where you just see … who’s nearby. That is, a list of profiles starting with the nearest and getting further away. Selecting a whole country (and showing only those guys) does not make sense to find friends. Neither does searching for a city name and displaying only those guys …

LycRbrLycRbr liked this.