What to look for while on the trail?

Encounters
Deleted user
posted 5 months ago
As many times as I’ve hit a trail on my bike wearing my numerous shiny cycling shorts, I’ve fantasized about encountering another cyclist who would make the 1st move. I often wondered if someone I passed or saw would have been interested in pulling off the trail and???! I understand that not everyone who wears the spandex/lycra has a special interest for it, but there is likely a chance a few are out there to make trail encounters possible. What would I look for in a willing participant? & what could I do to be “discreetly suggestive”? If there are some tell-tale signs that could indicate someone possibly had the interest then please share some pointers! Hopefully there is an etiquette already established that I’ve been missing lol
SemiproFootball16
posted 5 months ago
This has always been a fantasy of mine.
santacruz
posted 5 months ago
Just the usual. Start a conversation. How do you like your bike? Have you had it for long? then move on to the kit they're wearing. Are those shorts comfortable on long rides? Do you have a favorite brand? Talk about the kit you're wearing maybe: how well it breathes in hot weather (which could be just talking bike nerd facts, or could be implying "you can see my nipples through this fabric when it's sweaty". I started a conversation while stopped to fill a water bottle because the dude behind me was wearing a sleeveless trisuit and looked great in it, so I said I was thinking about getting into tris and this let him do the talking for a while. We talked about where we were riding that day and agreed to ride together and it went on from there. If it doesn't work out the first time, just call it practice and keep shooting your shot.

Deleted userDeleted user,adidas_jetconceptadidas_jetconcept,SemiproFootball16SemiproFootball16 liked this.

Deleted user
posted 5 months ago
posted by: santacruz
Just the usual. Start a conversation. How do you like your bike? Have you had it for long? then move on to the kit they're wearing. Are those shorts comfortable on long rides? Do you have a favorite brand? Talk about the kit you're wearing maybe: how well it breathes in hot weather (which could be just talking bike nerd facts, or could be implying "you can see my nipples through this fabric when it's sweaty". I started a conversation while stopped to fill a water bottle because the dude behind me was wearing a sleeveless trisuit and looked great in it, so I said I was thinking about getting into tris and this let him do the talking for a while. We talked about where we were riding that day and agreed to ride together and it went on from there. If it doesn't work out the first time, just call it practice and keep shooting your shot.
Good input! Thank you

SemiproFootball16SemiproFootball16 liked this.

dennyg_aus
posted 5 months ago
posted by: Umbrospandex
posted by: santacruz
Good input! Thank you
Just say "how about a fuck"!