Beware of Scams and Fakes or Scammers

Suggestions and site feedback
jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
If someone ask you to text them or Email them from another site because they can't talk on here... It's probably a scammer! Unless you're planning on Meeting up in person or live web cam via skype or zoom or some other video conferencing I find texting and emailing on here just as easy. Just be careful when someone ask you for your Personal Email It's usually how Phishing aka Fishing scams start.....
blueskysai
posted 1 year ago
posted by: jtalbot812
If someone ask you to text them or Email them from another site because they can't talk on here... It's probably a scammer! Unless you're planning on Meeting up in person or live web cam via skype or zoom or some other video conferencing I find texting and emailing on here just as easy. Just be careful when someone ask you for your Personal Email It's usually how Phishing aka Fishing scams start.....
I have had an entirely suspect chat on this site this . evening from a member whose profile claims he is in Sweden though he readily admitted that he is in Ukraine. He did ask for my email, which I obviously did not give but have suggested we can chat on Skype (a spare account) if he wants to continue. I am not unkind and we will see but I have had a lot of semi-suspect random contacts from Russian and Ukrainians lately.
jtalbot812
posted 1 year ago
posted by: blueskysai
I have had an entirely suspect chat on this site this . evening from a member whose profile claims he is in Sweden though he readily admitted that he is in Ukraine. He did ask for my email, which I obviously did not give but have suggested we can chat on Skype (a spare account) if he wants to continue. I am not unkind and we will see but I have had a lot of semi-suspect random contacts from Russian and Ukrainians lately.
I got the same text from that same person.... I suspect he's a scammer...

AdidasRunAdidasRun liked this.

AdidasRun
posted 1 year ago
Watch this space guys as I got message from this guy also this morning . . A red flag went up when he started to give me his story about intending moving yo my country with his parents due to Ukraine war etc in only 2nd message to me. He originally claimed he's from Sweden.

noddy4funnoddy4fun liked this.

TightStuff
posted 1 year ago
Same here. I didnt give my email either

hotthong1
posted 1 year ago
I had the same experience with same guy....

theboi
posted 1 year ago
How about giving out the profile name - the user can then be removed by the site admin who is pretty quick at doing so!
thongpouch
posted 1 year ago
I had this person from Ukraine contact me too. They had a story to tell and I have a good deal of sympathy for them if they are genuine. I tried to point them in the direction of groups that may be able to help them and suggested this was not the best of places to look for help.

gearplaygearplay,noddy4funnoddy4fun liked this.

AdidasRun
posted 1 year ago
posted by: theboi
How about giving out the profile name - the user can then be removed by the site admin who is pretty quick at doing so!
frmdav33 is the profile name if Simon ( admin) wants to check him out .
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
This is good advise to follow, especially on the internet in general. I'm aware of this person but they seemed to have good intentions in mind initially. I contacted them and made them aware that mass-messaging/spamming is against our rules. It looks scammy and if continued would need to be blocked. I'll fine-tune the spam checks, especially for newly created accounts and automatically let sender and receiver know that the sender has been sending out many messages in a short time and that they should reply with caution, as jtalbot812 mentioned.
gearplay
posted 1 year ago
From Sweden but then admitted he was from Ukraine. Same conversation with him as well. Did not give him my email.
Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
I’m talking to this guy right now he’s openly admitted he’s from Ukraine but so far I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s a scammer or suspicious. From what I can tell atm he’s scared about being gay as in Ukraine it’s considered a bad thing. So for now I’m giving him the Benidorm of the doubt see how it goes

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

Cthongmx
posted 1 year ago
This, continues... it happened to me today!
Cthongmx
posted 1 year ago
Same arguments, same dynamic.
Ubiquitous
posted 1 year ago
If someone ask you to text them or email them from another site because they can't talk on here... It's probably a scammer!
I've noticed that a LOT on other sites.
Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
yeah i can confirm i got the same story claming to be from sweden but actually ukraine planning to move to UK 3-4 months time with mother and father left me his email address as he didnt want to talk more on here as he didnt want anyone else to know that hes gay and from ukraine or so he told me...
Deleted user
posted 1 year ago
i dont know what to make of him...if its all true then id like to support somone like him but if its all lies but how can anyone prove one way oth another
noddy4fun
posted 1 year ago
I'm communicating with him now... same as above. https://whatismyipaddress.com/trace-email will check he is emailing from Ukraine... unless using a VPN. I would suggest everyone uses an 'alias' email anyway, perhaps using protonmail which is pretty secure, so as to not compromise yourself. He is correct about gay rights in Ukraine https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Ukraine
Last edited: 1 year ago
spandexpartyadmin
posted 1 year ago
I'm sorry to say but the account in question is now clearly breaking our rules and doesn't react to my warnings. The story is heartbreaking and I gave them the benefit of doubt. But now I'm acting¹ upon what I see: they have contacted over 500 members in just 4 days of time here on Spandex Party and trying to lure/collect member informations like Emails. I can't see what exactly they were typing (but no excessive amount of URLs were sent). ¹) the account has been removed.
noddy4fun
posted 1 year ago
Could have been AI bot, English standard was fairly good. He kept asking for my name so defintely phishing. Maybe reverse Google Pics search for the photo he used to see if legit.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.