Delete of old messages

Suggestions and site feedback
Deleted user
posted 8 months ago
Can we get an option to delete old messages instead of archiving?

thongpouchthongpouch,speedologospeedologo,muzzmuzz,spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin,Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

DutchCyclist
posted 8 months ago
Good question. This option should be available.

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

SpideyKev
posted 8 months ago
Absolutely amazing that this is discussed here as well. This should really be available as an option for messages.

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin,Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 8 months ago
That would then mean that the conversation (with all its messages between member X and member Y) would be deleted for member X and member Y at the same time, right?
SpideyKev
posted 8 months ago
That would be a bit too much... Just deleting them on member X would be fine, in my opinion.
Deleted user
posted 8 months ago
Just being able to delete them off of side X would be fine.
spandexpartyadmin
posted 8 months ago
I agree with this. Let me get this working then 💪
thongpouch
posted 8 months ago
I have thought about this subject a lot and I think that if you choose to "delete" the message should disapear forever from both X and Y. You may have sent something in error or had second thoughts about sharing. Unless there could be an option "delete for me" or "delete for everyone". I think the ideal would be a button to delete the whole message chain. This would delete all the messages in the chain and clear the clutter in your profile but leave what was sent to the other party. A second option to delete an individual message. This would delete the message for both X and Y.
Last edited: 8 months ago
spandexpartyadmin
posted 8 months ago
posted by: thongpouch
A second option to delete an individual message.
This should also be a thing that removes it for both sides. I agree

thongpouchthongpouch liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 8 months ago
Hey all, the long awaited Delete Conversation functionality is now live! I might remove the archive function in favour of this new Delete Conversation function—and migrate all archived conversations into deleted ones. You can reach it via: - go to to you Inbox - click on a conversation with a member - click on the "..." on the right side - click "Delete conversation" menu entry When a user messages you again, after you deleted the conversation, the new message will come through again. Let me know what you think!
SpideyKev
posted 8 months ago
The functionality may be live and easy to access, but... When I try to delete a conversation, it doesn't disappear from my inbox. It doesn't matter if the conversation is in the inbox or the archive, the conversations don't get deleted. Is there still any bug or something that blocks the feature a bit?

lycra_boy1
posted 8 months ago
posted by: SpideyKev
The functionality may be live and easy to access, but... When I try to delete a conversation, it doesn't disappear from my inbox. It doesn't matter if the conversation is in the inbox or the archive, the conversations don't get deleted. Is there still any bug or something that blocks the feature a bit?
Same for me. I have conversations over a year old in my inbox and although I have the option to click delete and then yes, they physically don’t delete. They remain in the inbox. Perhaps another tweak is required?
SpideyKev
posted 8 months ago
Still not working properly, although a coding error on the administration side has been fixed already... Maybe something got overlooked?

Deleted user
posted 8 months ago
not working for me either lol
Deleted user
posted 8 months ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
That would then mean that the conversation (with all its messages between member X and member Y) would be deleted for member X and member Y at the same time, right?
id say delete for x and y in my opinion :)
spandexpartyadmin
posted 8 months ago
Now it's working, finally 🙌 sorry for the delayed fix. Cheers!

jman_519jman_519,lycra_boy1lycra_boy1 liked this.

lycra_boy1
posted 7 months ago
Hallelujah, my anally tidy mind is now deleting conversations from 8 years ago. I feel so much better - thank you for instigating this. It really does help my ocd xxx

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

lycra_boy1
posted 7 months ago
Dear god that took about an hour or more. Oldest message was 11 years old, I’m pretty sure I didn’t need to keep that one (and the two hundred and fifty other ones…). Thanks again for a job well done xx

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 7 months ago
posted by: lycra_boy1
I feel so much better - thank you for instigating this. It really does help my ocd xxx
You're definitely not alone and I'm glad I understood the requirement correctly and could bring this one forward. Cheers!
speedologo
posted 7 months ago
The "delete" function is most useful ! But reserves a big surprise (for me at least). It seems that all the messages I sent to Members years ago, are still there ! Although I make sure to delete "old" conversations on a regular basis, when they are not relevant anymore. Now, it seems that although I deleted them, they are still there (at least the messages I sent, the messages from the other part are gone). I have deleted manually, one by one, quite a number of such "old" conversations (dating from 4 years ago and more) and it seems I can still go on with that exercice for quite some time ! I wonder what the explanation is. Many thanks to our Admin (or any of you, Guys), to help me out !