Delete of old messages

Suggestions and site feedback
spandexpartyadmin
posted 7 months ago
Hey there, for veteran SP users there probably are many many conversations over the years. If anyone wants, I can do a bulk "delete conversation" for your conversations that are older than 1 year. Let me know here or via Private Message if you'd like that.
speedologo
posted 7 months ago
oh wow, Admin, you have a solution for every little trouble that arises. Me the veteran would like a bulk delete yes indeed! Are you able to fix that? Many thanks !!
spandexpartyadmin
posted 7 months ago
posted by: speedologo
oh wow, Admin, you have a solution for every little trouble that arises. Me the veteran would like a bulk delete yes indeed! Are you able to fix that? Many thanks !!
I finished the script and set your conversations that are older than 1 year as deleted. Let me know if everything looks okay for you! Cheers
speedologo
posted 7 months ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
posted by: speedologo
I finished the script and set your conversations that are older than 1 year as deleted. Let me know if everything looks okay for you! Cheers
Wonderful, Admin, thank you so much !

lycra_boy1lycra_boy1 liked this.

lycra_boy1
posted 6 months ago
Just a little note: the deletion option seems to have stopped working, for me at least. It had proved invaluable in whittling down years of conversations with long since departed members. Now it’s diwn to a very manageable level I tried to delete some of the older messages in that batch. But to no avail. Is it just me?

spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

speedo_lovr
posted 4 months ago
Sorry to bump an old thread but I have a little issue with this. Not sure if this is intended or not since I'm not sure if the "Delete" option was supposed to fully supersede the "Archive" option but only the "Delete conversation..." option shows up for me. Viewing the page on a desktop browser (Brave). I'm actually trying to unarchive a conversation that I've archived in the past but the option doesn't show. I tend to archive inactive/old conversations and rarely would want to delete them in case it resumes, which is the case here. I'm chatting again with someone from a while ago and can't seem to move it back to the main inbox. Can provide more details through PM if that would help. Thanks
spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
Hey speedo_lovr, can you message me privately and mention when and what user this was? the Delete Message function should replace Archive Messages in the end. but we're kinda still in the grace period.
spandexpartyadmin
posted 3 weeks ago
UPDATE: Under certain conditions some conversations failed to be deleted. This is now finally fixed. You can now delete those conversations 💪

lycra_boy1lycra_boy1 liked this.

sequential
posted 3 weeks ago
This is a great improvement. I just found out that any new messages from a user still ended up in the chat that has been archived, so sorry for everyone I've ignored for the last year or so !!