Fake profiles

Suggestions and site feedback
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Not so much a fake but bit strange. A former member called lycraismyfashion aka spandexismyfashion aka just recently arycl2 I think keeps coming on and off. When I first met him on here we got on very well then he went off seemed ok then came back again we talked seemed ok and now just recently came back under new name so I spoke once.more this time no reply and disappeared again either he's blocked me or he's deleted his page but why do people do that. I know I've been off and on myself but that was just.taking time out and real life thj g like my late mother's passing and so on but why he does what he does I don't know lol anyway happy new year all
spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
posted by: Lycralad41
Not so much a fake but bit strange. A former member called lycraismyfashion aka spandexismyfashion aka just recently arycl2 I think keeps coming on and off. When I first met him on here we got on very well then he went off seemed ok then came back again we talked seemed ok and now just recently came back under new name so I spoke once.more this time no reply and disappeared again either he's blocked me or he's deleted his page but why do people do that. I know I've been off and on myself but that was just.taking time out and real life thj g like my late mother's passing and so on but why he does what he does I don't know lol anyway happy new year all
lycraismyfashion and spandexismyfashion contacted me personally to remove their accounts, so they can start anew with one profile.
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
posted by: spandexpartyadmin
posted by: Lycralad41
lycraismyfashion and spandexismyfashion contacted me personally to remove their accounts, so they can start anew with one profile.
If that true then why is his new account also gone
Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Lycraismyfashion and Spandex are the same though might not have used Spandex on here but still lycraismyfashion and his recent name both gone
Slickskin
posted 4 months ago
I'm noticing a sharp uptick in the number of empty profiles on here with absolutely no photos and very little information. It would be great if all profiles were required to post a minimum number of photos, and verify an email address.

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
Can't see you slickskin when I try I get a 404 error and logged out of the site lol
AdidasRun
posted 4 months ago
Seconded Lycralad41 . I get knocked off the site as well everytime I click on Slickskins profile saying the same 404 error . Not sure what's happening?

Deleted userDeleted user,spandexpartyadminspandexpartyadmin liked this.

jtalbot812
posted 4 months ago
posted by: Slickskin
I'm noticing a sharp uptick in the number of empty profiles on here with absolutely no photos and very little information. It would be great if all profiles were required to post a minimum number of photos, and verify an email address.
@ slickskin..... they already do verify email when you sign up..... as for photos..... well how can you tell whos photo it is if there is no face??? on that same token a lot of guys are not out or are not safe to be out due to where they live esp in other countries where gay or bi is criminalized.... or where discrimination is legal.... But yes I do see your point. it can be frustrating to come across a profile , that is totally blank. no pic no words nothing. I totally get that. no disrespects or offenses to anyone what so ever. for me. Long as they don't use Peoples pix on this site as their own ie pic stealing then im ok with it. I had to file a DMCA on Instagram bc some asshole stole my pic and posted it as his. but did not even give credit or tag me in the post or ask if they could use the pic. IG took the pic down. filing a dmca can be a real bitch to go thru exp with IG or Facebook...

Deleted userDeleted user liked this.

Deleted user
posted 4 months ago
ridiculous you have to file DMCA reports but if it has to be it has to be sad though
santacruz
posted 4 months ago
There's a fairly new user who's clearly using either just an AI art program/site or AI plus Photoshop to create their pictures. It's pretty obvious. I don't want to call them out in public if it's not a rule violation so just putting this out there as a question of whether it's a problem. If someone labels a post as "generated" I guess that's one thing (even if I personally think computer-generated images are pathetic), but this person isn't doing that, though they aren't explicitly captioning the images as "me" or something like that, either.

SlickskinSlickskin liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
Lycralad41 said it already. they aren't fake profiles, but empty profiles.
I've seen an increase in usage in general. this will also mean that new users will increase as well. Now it's our turn to make them feel home, so they can pursue their fantasy and fill out their profiles step by step. Maybe even my turn to make completing a profile an easier task. I will have more time thinking about this one.

8eight88eight8 liked this.

spandexpartyadmin
posted 4 months ago
posted by: santacruz
[...] if it's not a rule violation so just putting this out there as a question of whether it's a problem.
we discussed usage of AI generated content in this thread already. summed up: "That said, I think that posted pictures on profiles should still be in direct connection to the profile's owner. If someone uploads a picture of his favourite thong and singlet, then I'm fine with it. It tells me something about that user and I might connect with him because I'm also on the same page. BUT profiles that only have AI generated pics, with or without caption that it's AI generated, is problematic and should be set to private imho."

8eight88eight8,santacruzsantacruz liked this.

Slickskin
posted 4 months ago
I suppose I wonder why profiles aren't required to be filled out in full BEFORE being permitted to show as active. There are even sites that require you to pass the "I'm-not-a-robot" test before permitting you to even fill out a profile. And yes, a sudden abundance of empty profiles would certainly be enough to make any observant person wonder what's going on.
jtalbot812
posted 4 months ago
my fav are the ones with photos but the Latest photo is from like 5 or 10 years ago... yet they demand updated profiles or updated pix from others.... lol....
Slickskin
posted 4 months ago
I've seen an increase in usage in general. this will also mean that new users will increase as well. Now it's our turn to make them feel home, so they can pursue their fantasy and fill out their profiles step by step. Maybe even my turn to make completing a profile an easier task. I will have more time thinking about this one.
Yes, the format for filling out a profile is rather disjointed. I'm much more likely to welcome someone when it's clear they're genuinely interested and fully invested in the lycra/spandex fetish rather than someone who's just casually sightseeing while they're trying to maintain anonymity. That may be an unpopular viewpoint to hold here, but it's mine nonetheless. I generally block people if they make a crude or distasteful comment, or it's clear we just have vastly differing interests. In that instance, my profile wouldn't appear. It's far simpler to block someone than getting into a needless exchange.
Slickskin
posted 3 months ago
posted by: jtalbot812
my fav are the ones with photos but the Latest photo is from like 5 or 10 years ago... yet they demand updated profiles or updated pix from others.... lol....
I can cut someone a certain amount of slack when it comes to constantly updating profile photos, up to a degree. Not all of us have unlimited free time to devote to photos, editing photos, or constantly making sure we have the latest gear. This is a fetish site, and different people place varying levels of importance on that aspect of their lives. I update my photos when I feel like it. I have some older photos still on here, and some newer ones, and I'm completely comfortable with that. I do agree though that it's the height of irony for someone with a profile made up entirely of photos posted over 10 years ago to be badgering other users for recent pics. That's where the block feature comes in so handy.
santacruz
posted 3 months ago
Yes, the format for filling out a profile is rather disjointed. I'm much more likely to welcome someone when it's clear they're genuinely interested and fully invested in the lycra/spandex fetish rather than someone who's just casually sightseeing while they're trying to maintain anonymity. That may be an unpopular viewpoint to hold here, but it's mine nonetheless. I generally block people if they make a crude or distasteful comment, or it's clear we just have vastly differing interests. In that instance, my profile wouldn't appear. It's far simpler to block someone than getting into a needless exchange.
Love this take about being welcoming in the expectation that you're dealing with people who may need a little encouragement. The blocking of people who have highly different interests: I have been reluctant to do that mostly because I didn't want them to see that they were blocked and assume something bad vs. my actual intent of "seriously not my vibe." Maybe some kind of mute function where you don't see their content and they don't know you've muted them.
Slickskin
posted 3 months ago
posted by: santacruz
Love this take about being welcoming in the expectation that you're dealing with people who may need a little encouragement. The blocking of people who have highly different interests: I have been reluctant to do that mostly because I didn't want them to see that they were blocked and assume something bad vs. my actual intent of "seriously not my vibe." Maybe some kind of mute function where you don't see their content and they don't know you've muted them.
The people you block don't receive a notification stating they've been blocked. Your profile and photos are simply no longer visible to them. That's all. I had to block a young man in the UK that repeatedly insisted on turning the chat to how he wanted me to restrain and sexually dominate him. This was after informing him that BDSM isn't of any interest to me. He made a clumsy attempt at humor and pressed the subject yet again. Since being polite and direct didn't work, blocking him was the only practical solution. Don't get caught up in worrying over what people think. They'll invariably hold the opinion that suits them most.

jock4jock2jock4jock2 liked this.

spxbrln
posted 3 months ago

jock4jock2jock4jock2 liked this.

spxbrln
posted 3 months ago
https://spandexparty.com/Ukra%C3%AFna_vs_Russia Not only does that profile show only IA-generated pics, but it's not even Spandex-related...